Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sewing Re-Animated

I started a project a few weeks ago. I am going to make a quilt for my Cousin Tracy's baby. Baby McCoy is due in June and I am determined to have it completed and mailed to her BEFORE the he/she arrives. I have been picking out fabrics and playing with layouts and finally today I have found the perfect layout. Its a two sided rag quilt. One side is girl-ly and the other is boy-ish. I won't post a picture of it until I have finished and then mailed so not to ruin the surprise. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow so that I can start sewing on the machine tonight but my back is aching and I need a break. Crawling on the floor laying the squares was hard work for my knees and wrist. I think Darrin felt bad because came in the room to discuss what other way I could do this so I wouldn't have to be on my knees getting rug burn and fighting off Cassie. She apparently thought I was preparing a blanket for her to sleep on. In the end, I feel confident that I actually know what I am doing from this point on. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck!!!! Looks good so far..I think I'd make both with solid backs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Followers